Faculty clubs

As a researcher, doctoral student or teacher-researcher, you are allowed to request an accommodation in one of the Faculty Clubs of the Côte d’Azur.

Faculty Clubs are the hotel residences of the CROUS and offer very advantageous prices, starting from €425 per month or €50 per night and per room of 20sqm.

Two Faculty Clubs are available on the Côte d’Azur:

  • In Nice (50 apartments in the CROUS residence Olivier Chesneau)
  • In Sophia Antipolis (10 apartments in the CROUS residence Isaac Newton)

Accommodations range from studio apartments to two-bedroom apartments. They are equipped with kitchens, private bathroom, TV and WIFI. Weekly housekeeping service is also available. All charges are included for rentals up to 3 months.

Rentals are available from the 1st to the 1st of the month only. Priority is given to guests of UCA members benefiting from IDEX UCAJEDI funding and to medium / long term stays (from 1 to 3 months).

Finding an accomodation

To facilitate your stay on the Côte d’Azur, it is strongly recommended to start looking for an accommodation before your arrival. Once the accommodation found and before moving in, you will need to sign a rental agreement that will be proof of your residency in France during your stay.

As a researcher, you can benefit from several establishments including:

  • French Euraxess centers
  • The National Foundation “Alfred Kastler”, which provides customized assistance before and during your stay in France as well as negotiated offers (housing, insurance, banks, French courses…)
  • Doctoral associations

If you are a researcher student, there are many solutions for you: student residences, including the CROUS for scholarship students only, guest rooms, apartments…

To guide you through these steps, we also advise you to contact your University in France, which may have its own university residence for students.

The CROUS also provides the platform “Lokaviz », which lists all housing availabilities for students: https://www.lokaviz.fr/

The Université Côte d’Azur also provides an online portal “studapart”, which lists housing offers for students all year long: https://univ-cotedazur.studapart.com/fr/

To help you find an accommodation, we also advise you to contact your University in France, which may be equipped with its own student residence.

As a student, the following documents are mandatory for a housing request:

  • Valid proof of identity document
  • Student ID or certificate of attendance for the current year;
  • Last three rent receipts for the previously occupied flat
  • Proof of a guarantor. If you are under 30 years old and your monthly rent is less than or equal to 600€ (Visale can act as a guarantor in order to simplify the process of obtaining housing)

You can also visit the website “Guide du Logement 06”, which lists all housing rental and purchase offers in the Alpes-Maritimes department.

Useful links

Housing benefits

Depending on your finances and the type of accommodation you live in, you may benefit from a social housing allowance or a customized housing assistance. To find out more, you can run a simulation or reach out to your nearest “Caisse d’Allocations Familiale” (CAF). The CAF allowances are :

  • Personalized Housing Allowance (« Aide Personnalisée au Logement – APL »)
    For people who have a housing with an APL convention : the owner signed an agreement with the French State to maintain a defined level of rent. The owner benefits from financial advantages in return.
  • Family Housing Allowance (« Allocation de Logement à caractère Familial – ALF »)
    For people without a housing and with an APL convention, who have children (born or to be born) and married less than five years ago (both spouses must be under 40 years old).
  • Social Housing Allowance (« Allocation Logement Social – ALS »)
    For people who cannot benefit from the APL nor the ALF. The granted allowance is calculated based on the financial and family situation, and the location of the housing.