Meetings industry charter
Nice is a very popular and attractive destination, including in terms of Business Tourism. Given the high level of competitivity in this industry, the key stakeholders listed below met to reassert their shared goals and list their objectives in an official charter:
- the city of Nice,
- the Nice Côte d’Azur Chamber of Commerce and Industry,
- the Nice Côte d’Azur Airport,
- the Nice Convention and Visitors Bureau and its Convention Office,
- the Palais des Congrès et des Expositions Acropolis,
- the Hospitality Union,
- the Travel Agent Union (SNAV),
DMCs and PCOs
- the Taxi Union, representing the entire profession.
The objectives of the charter are :
- to make it easier to hold conventions in Nice at all stages of the process, from putting together an application to the event itself;
- to ensure Nice’s continued attractiveness in the long-term;
- to provide all congress and event organizers and convention participants with an exclusive hosting experience;
- to set up an official MICE hosting policy and
- • to capitalize on Nice’s experience in the sector, gained over more than 30 years.
To read the charter, please contact the Convention Bureau of Nice Côte d’Azur.
Transport pass for convention participants
The Transport Pass for convention participants was designed for convention organizers.
Cheap and easy to use, the transport pass is very popular. From €1 per day, convention participants can freely access the entire urban public transport network across Nice and its surroundings (Vence, Cagnes-sur-mer, Beaulieu, Cap d’Ail, Villefranche-sur-Mer, Eze, Saint-Martin-du-Var…). Participants can travel with the bus and tramway lines “Lignes d’Azur » freely until their pass expires. Depending on the package of the pass, convention participants can also travel with the special airport lines (98 and 99).
To book a transport pass, please contact the Convention Bureau of Nice Côte d’Azur.
To make your professional event a success, you should also make sure that you are informed about important topics such as bank holidays, safety, currency, and transportation on the Côte d’Azur.
Below is the main practical information you need to know:
- Bank holidays : January 1, Easter Monday, May 1, May 8, Ascension Day, Whit Monday, July 14, August 15, November 1, November 11, December 25.
- Currency : Euro.
- Emergency Numbers :
- SAMU (Medical Emergencies) : 15
- Police : 17
- Fire : 18
- European emergency call : 112
- Phone :
- To call abroad from France: 00 + country code + Phone number
- To call France from abroad : 00 + 33 + Phone number