Where to live
The Côte d’Azur is an impressive region in terms of landscape diversity and cultural heritage. Emblematic places include Nice, Antibes, Cannes, Menton, Eze, and Saint-Paul de Vence.
Discover the nicest places on the Côte d’Azur to find your accommodation.
Finding a long-term accommodation
Do you wish to rent or buy a property on the Côte d’Azur? Different solutions exist: real estate agencies, apartment hunters, specialized websites…
- Real estate agencies act as an intermediate between the owners and the future tenants. They provide a large property offer and guarantee certain services. Yet, additional agency fees need to be added to the rental when soliciting a real estate agency.
- Apartment hunters are professionals in charge of finding property for their clients by determining their needs first. Once established, the hunter can begin the apartment search.
- Specialized websites are platforms listing real estate offers currently available. Research can be done based on a certain number of criteria (price, location, size, etc.).
Find a temporary home
The website of the housing guide 06 offers a module “Temporary accommodation” that meets the needs of employees on mission, fixed-term contract, students-doctoral ….
Companies or employees concerned, can submit their ads for temporary housing search, by first asking for the creation of their access codes by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. These requests are immediately transmitted to accommodation professionals, real estate agencies and serviced residences who have signed an engagement charter. These professionals have the obligation to respond directly to the company or the employee within two days, if they are able to offer a property for rent corresponding to the criteria requested. The effectiveness of this online service is based on the link between companies and their employees and accommodation professionals.
Average prices & real estate market of the Côte d’Azur
Do you wish to settle on the Côte d’Azur and learn about the local real estate market and average prices?
Unlike most French metropoles, the real estate prices on the Côte d’Azur did not increase since 2018. The average selling price per sqm was 5,618€ for a new property and 4,045€ for a resale.
To learn more about the real estate market of the Côte d’Azur, we invite you to follow the links below.
Depending on your finances and the type of accommodation you live in, you may benefit from a social housing allowance or a customized housing assistance. To find out more, you can run a simulation or reach out to your nearest “Caisse d’Allocations Familiale” (CAF). The CAF allowances are:
- Personalized Housing Allowance (« Aide Personnalisée au Logement – APL »)
For people who have a housing with an APL convention : the owner signed an agreement with the French State to maintain a defined level of rent. The owner benefits from financial advantages in return.
- Family Housing Allowance (« Allocation de Logement à caractère Familial – ALF »)
For people without a housing and with an APL convention, who have children (born or to be born) and married less than five years ago (both spouses must be under 40 years old).
- Social Housing Allowance (« Allocation Logement Social – ALS »)
For people who cannot benefit from the APL nor the ALF. The granted allowance is calculated based on the financial and family situation, and the location of the housing.
Overview of tenants & owners’ rights
Whether you are a tenant or an owner, you have rights and duties. Those rights and duties ensure the good execution of rentals, the requirements of a decent housing as well as the rent payment.
Tenants need to pay their rent and charges, take care of the daily maintenance, answer to deteriorations, etc.
Owners must take care of the house works and maintenance, provide a decent housing, ensure the peaceful enjoyment of the accommodation, be transparent about the defaults of the accommodation, etc.
Learn more about the different owners’ and tenants’ rights in France.