- The Alpes-Maritimes department is the 2nd department of the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur (PACA) region.
- Nice is the 5th largest French city
- The region is the 2nd destination for business travel in France.
- The Nice Côte d’Azur airport is the 2nd largest airport in France, and the 2nd European airport in terms of business trips.
- Sophia Antipolis is the 1st European Technopolis
- Antibes is the 1st European marina
- There are 1 million inhabitants registered in the department, including close to 100,000 foreign residents, 160 nationalities, 450,000 working people, and close to 40,000 students
- 11 million tourists travel to the Côte d’Azur each year, including 54% of foreign travelers (CRT 2018).
- 78,285 companies, including 2,033 foreign-owned capital ones, are set-up in the area (CCI/Sirius 2018).