Shopping on the côte d’azur
There are many shopping areas in the region of Nice Côte d’Azur. From local handcraft to luxury shops, there is a wide offer to meet any of your needs.
Local products and souvenirs
The old city of Nice is well known for its handcraft and souvenir shops. Some 600 shopkeepers are set up there. The main shopping areas are the Cours Saleya and the Place Garibaldi, which is close to the modern city center and to “l’Avenue de la République”, one of the largest shopping streets.
Typical local products include :
- Typical local products include :
- Lavender bags,
- Artisanal products such as olive oil, Marseille soap, tapenade, anchoïade, Provencal herbs…
- The Fragonard fragrances in Grasse
- Chocolates and sweets from the Confiserie Florian in Grasse
- Blown glass and ceramics from Biot and Vallauris
Discover all shops from the region to bring back souvenirs of the Côte d’Azur with you.
Shopping centers – malls
The main commercial centers of the Côte d’Azur are :
- Polygone Riviera in Cagnes-sur-Mer, which offers a wide range of shops and restaurants. A cinema, a sports center and a casino are also available there. Inspired by the universe of Sunset Boulevard and typical Mediterranean villages, Polygone Riviera is a unique concept which mixes fashion and premium shopping, contemporary art and entertainment.
- Cap 3000 in Saint Laurent du Var, the largest commercial center with a sea view. With its unique architecture, Cap 3000 is a convivial shopping place and a true living place. https://www.cap3000.com/en
- The Galeries Lafayette in Nice Massena, a multibrand chain (for adults and children) specializing in Fashion, Beauty, Luxury, and Home Decoration. http://www.galerieslafayette.com/magasin-nice/
- Nice Etoile, located on the “Avenue Jean-Médecin”, one of the largest shopping streets of Nice. There, visitors can access to more than a hundred of shops (Fashion, Home Decoration, Health and Beauty, Sports, Culture and Leisure…), and a dozen of restaurants. https://www.nicetoile.com/?lang=English
- Nice Valley, located at the foot of the Allianz Riviera stadium and easy to access by car and public transportation.
Shops and shopping streets
The most famous shopping streets of the Côte d’Azur include :
- The rue d’Antibes in the city center of Cannes, parallel to the Croisette is busy all year long. A lot of shops (Fashion, Home Decoration, Services, Sports, Health, Beauty, cinemas…), cafes, and restaurants are available there. Many luxury boutiques (Chanel, Hermes, Louis Vuitton,…) can also be found on the boulevard de la Croisette.
- L’avenue Jean Médecin in Nice Massena with a lot of luxury boutiques and major brands.
- L’avenue de la République, nearby the place Garibaldi and the Congress Center of Nice
- The Port of Nice and the rue Ségurane, hosting the antique shops district.
- The old city of Antibes and the Pinède area of Juan-les-Pins are also busy areas with many shops and restaurants
- The historical center of Grasse is also well known for its shops. Famous fragrance brands such as Gallimard and Fragonard are located there.